Mural art of kerala and me  

Posted

The mural painting tradition of Kerala is connected with its nature and vivid,colourful myths. This art has developed its own indigenous colours derived direct from nature and an exclusive technology. We use of just five basic colours like Ochre yellow,Ochre red,Blue,Green,white and black. This rich heritage of Kerala's mural art which were confined to the walls of temples and palaces has evolved to accommodate new content and themes to old methods.









I am a trained civil draughtsman but was always interested in painting. I was always fascinated by mural paintings in walls of temples all over Kerala and joined Guruvayoor mural painting institute to learn more about this great art. The 5 year intensive course under Guru Mummiyur Krishnankutty Nair (Guruvayoor, Kerala ) enabled me to have an in depth knowledge on this traditional art form. This is not just a place to showcase my works, but for the world to know the beauty of this great art. I hope you enjoy this visual treat.

This entry was posted at Saturday, October 17, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

this reminds me of lotus world by sadanandan. a nice landscape painting.

Sun Aug 01, 06:14:00 PM
Anonymous  

i wish you would post more pictures
of your landscape work on this site.
i like the birds, fish,
flowers looking so happy

do you sell large prints of your work, not originals but prints?

Sun Sep 18, 06:53:00 PM

Krishnan Mallisserry sir

Excellent blog on Kerala Mural paintings. Sir you are very talentted.Sir it is a God's gift to you.

Sir today i am sharing one message one Kerala Mural paintings in my Heritage of India blog.

http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/03/kerala-mural-paintings.html

Sir recently i gave my first seminar on indian heritage and culture. sir this is my first seminar message.

http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/02/my-first-seminar-on-indian-heritage-and.html

Sir these are my warli paintings greetings cards.

http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/02/warli-paintings-greetings-cards.html

Sir this is my message on Indian woamn in 19th century.

http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2012/12/indian-woman-in-19th-century-vintage.html

Krishnan sir i request you please read my above messages and share your valuable comments.

Sat Mar 09, 07:46:00 AM

mural painting

Mon May 11, 03:14:00 AM

Post a Comment